Yemen’s Top Commander Promises Fierce Retaliation after Israeli Assassination Claims
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Yemen’s top military commander pledged stronger retaliation against the Israeli regime after Tel Aviv circulated claims of his assassination, stressing that Yemen’s resistance will not stop until Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza ends.
Major General Mohammed Abdulkarim al-Ghamari, Chief of the General Staff of the Yemeni Armed Forces, told Saba news agency on Friday that Israel’s military escalation reflected weakness rather than power.
“The Zionist escalation in Gaza or towards Yemen is not a sign of strength, but rather a sign of impotence and failure to achieve its goals over nearly two years, and it will be met with escalation,” he said.
The comments followed Israeli reports suggesting that its recent strikes on Sana’a may have “assassinated” senior Yemeni officials, including Ghamari and Defense Minister Mohamed al-Atifi.
Ghamari, previously targeted by Israeli aggression in June, condemned Tel Aviv for deliberately striking residential areas in the capital in what he described as an effort to eliminate Yemen’s political and military leadership.
“The targeting of civilian neighborhoods in Sana’a by the Zionist enemy will not go unpunished,” he declared.
Israel launched attacks on Yemen last year after Sana’a began carrying out solidarity strikes in defense of Gaza, which has endured a campaign of mass killings and near-total blockade.
As the regime escalated its operations against the coastal enclave and choked off food supplies, Yemen’s Armed Forces intensified their military response.
Ghamari reaffirmed Yemen’s commitment to Gaza, stressing that no amount of Israeli aggression would deter it from supporting the Palestinian people.
“Yemen will not back down from supporting Gaza, regardless of the extent of targeting or sacrifice,” he said.